Decisions made

Since my last blog saying that I have difficult decisions to make, I must say I have not had much sleep!

This said it has also become apparent that Buzz is more than happy out hacking, going to camp and even having lessons from time to time, even if we box up and use the arena. The problem seems to be at competitions or out on his own. He either lacks confidence or just doesn't want to do it.

I have spent over £2000 over the past 18 months getting him tested for anything that may explain why he does this but to no avail. I have also sent him away for schooling on a couple of occasions where he works fine, flatwork and jumping, so it remains a mystery. My conclusion is that he just doesn't want to do it.

The next decision I had to make was whether I enjoyed competing and carry on with it or whether I wanted to throw in the towel and just go back to hacking, if it is the later then Buzz is perfect. You wouldn't get a better temperament anywhere. If I would like to go on jumping, hopefully leading to be able to do, firstly a one day event and then go on to do my challenge, then I would have to seek another mount. I don't have my own land and pay for livery so keeping two horses is not an option.

My final decision is to try and find my amazing little horse a home with a quieter life, he wants to hack and do fun rides but he is also quite happy to sit in the field and do nothing rather than what I would like which is ride him 4/5 times a week.

I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I know that the decision is the right one for both of us, this said it doesn't make it any easier.

Will keep you all up to date with my progress of looking for my next friend and the progress of looking for another home for Buzz.

What will be will be

Featured Posts
Recent Posts