I am thrilled to have finally completed my Wobbleberry Challenge! Having started training for the challenge in December 2016 I have come so far, from not liking to jump a cross pole to completing at BE80. The day started with dressage and a 31.8 score and then followed with show jumping. This is my worst phase and I'd worried through the night before about the width of the first fence, an oxer. However I needn't have worried, Bob didn't notice the width at all and we had a lovely clear round. Next was XC and since starting training Bob has proved to be very reliable in this phase so I wasn't overly worried. However I obviously took things too much for granted and he spooked at the second fence and I came out of the side door. I wasn't hurt and got up feeling really determined that I was going to complete. I remounted and we sailed around the rest of the course with no problem. It's a shame that we ended up with so many penalties but the main thing is we completed and as a result have raised £650 for Wilberry. I'm so pleased to have been part of this challenge and have achieved so much, all due to Hannah Francis and the inspiration that she has given me and so many other riders.
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!